AFDO Representation on External Committees
AFDO is represented at each of the following committees, consultation forums, sub-groups and working groups.
- Australian Electoral Commission Disability Advisory Committee This committee works on access increasing access to voting for Australians with disability.
- Disability Employment Working Group, Australian Public Service Commission This committee works on improving workforce rates of people with disability in the Australian Public Service View the Australian Public Service Disability Employment Strategy 2016 - 2019
- Aviation Access Forum The Aviation Access Forum (AAF) provides advice to government on disability access policy, and operational and administrative issues associated with access to air services for people with a disability. Visit the webpage
- Disability Research Initiative Steering Committee, University of Melbourne
- NDIS Implementation Taskforce (ITF) Working Group This is an NDIS forum for people with disability, stakeholders, service providers & users, and has the following sub-committees:
- NDIS ITF Workforce Working Group
- NDIS ITF Complex Needs Working Group
- NDIS ITF Sector Readiness Working Group
- NDIS ITF Participant Readiness Working Group
- State Trustees - Ageing, Disability and Mental Health Sector Collaborative Panel The Ageing, Disability and Mental Health Collaborative Panel was initiated and is supported by State Trustees Australia Foundation, and was established in 2014 to build the capacity of the ageing, disability, and mental health sectors. Visit the website to learn about the latest news from the Ageing, Disability and Mental Health Collaborative Panel
- Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman Critical Friends Group This committee provides advice on systemic telecommunication issues experienced by people with disability and improvements to TIO processes to ensure accessibility for all consumers with disability. Latest update from the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman Critical Friends Group