On 17th September 2019, AFDO and researchers held an event at Parliament House to launch three research reports on the Disability Support Pension (DSP) as we officially launched our campaign calling on the Federal Government to urgently review the DSP.
Below are links to the AFDO media release and some of the media around the launch of the campaign. We have provided the media stories as HTML for accessibility, and each media story includes a link to the original news article.
- AFDO Media Release calling for urgent review of the Disability Support Pension (DSP), 17th September 2019
- Media Release by Carers Australia in support of our DSP campaign
- 200,000 Australians with a disability struggling to get by on Newstart: report, The Age
- Disabled Australians over $100 worse off a week, The Canberra Times
- Calls for reform as Australians on disability support struggle to make ends meet, SBS News
- Disability pension pushing Indigenous Australians into poverty, ProBono News
- NACCHO Aboriginal Health and Disability News, National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
- Other media stories on the Disability Support Pension