AFDO Representation on External Committees
Through our connections with government, universities and the community sector, AFDO represents and advocates on behalf of people with disabilities on a large number of national bodies, such as government committees and advisory groups.
- Australian Electoral Commission Disability Advisory Committee – works on increasing access to voting for Australians with disability.
- Disability Employment Working Group, Australian Public Service Commission – works on improving workforce rates of people with disability in the Australian public service.
- Aviation Access Forum – provides advice to government on disability access policy, as well as operational and administrative issues associated with access to air services for people with disability.
- Disability Research Initiative Steering Committee, University of Melbourne – helps to coordinate projects with community partners and those with lived experience of disability.
- Innovative Workforce Fund, Independent Advisory Group – represents stakeholders in the disability and mental health sectors who provide governance for the national disability sector Innovative Workforce Fund.
- NDIS Implementation Taskforce Working Group – an NDIS forum for people with disability, stakeholders, service providers and users, and has the following sub-committees:
- NDIS ITF Complex Needs Working Group
- NDIS ITF Participant Readiness Working Group
- NDIS Independent Advisory Council – advises the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Board and its member have experience:
- related to disability
- caring for people with disability
- helping people with disability in rural and remote areas
- with the provision of services to people with disability.
- Ageing, Disability and Mental Health Sector Collaborative Panel – established in 2014 by the State Trustees Australia Foundation to build the capacity of the ageing, disability and mental health sectors.
- VCOSS Disability Network Forum – this Forum is preparing a Platform document that sets out ways the Victorian Government can improve the lives of Victorians with disability.
- DSS National Disability Strategy Reform Steering Group – oversee the development of the new framework and provide ongoing advice to DSS.
- UNSW School of Business / Centre for Research Excellence in Disability and Health – meets to improve evidence based Policy in disability and health.
- VicRoads Disability Parking Permit Eligibility Reference Group – assists VicRoads to clarify the Victorian eligibility criteria and align it with the Australian Disability Parking Scheme.