AFDO is committed to advocating for systemic issues that impact people with disabilities. It is recognised that there are systemic failings which have led to the violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disabilities. Below are our written submissions and statements submitted to the Disability Royal Commission as evidence on different issues.
Experiences of people with disability during the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
AFDO submitted a written Statement with attachments to the Disability Royal Commission public hearing on the experiences of people with disability during the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic which was held in August 2020. We also attended the public hearing to give evidence on our Statement.
- AFDO Statement to DRC on experiences of people with disability during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic (DOCX)
- AFDO Statement to DRC on experiences of people with disability during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic (PDF)
- Attachment 1 – Open Letter to Government- Immediate Actions Required for Australians with Disability in Response to Coronavirus (COVID19), dated 2nd April2020
- Attachment 2 – Statement of Concern – COVID-19: Human rights, disability and ethical decision-making, dated 15th April 2020
- Attachment 3 – Increase Disability Support Pension now to deal with COVID-19, dated 25th March 2020
- Attachment 4 – NATSEM Report: Inequalities in Standards of Living: Evidence for improved income support for people with disability, dated 2019