This position is only available for those who identify as a person with disability as allowed under ‘special measures’ of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, no other applicants will be considered.
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations, a Disabled People’s Organisation and a National Cross-Disability Peak, represents people with disability and their families, and is looking for an experienced Coordinator – Board & Governance with relevant skills to fulfil this role.
Reporting directly to the Personal & Executive Assistant, you will provide high-level governance support to the CEO and President plus high-level administrative support to the Board of Directors to ensure that AFDO governance functions efficiently and effectively. Following the AFDO Constitution, policies, procedures, statutory, funding contracts, agreements, service contracts, statutory and other compliance, as well as any reporting requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity to join AFDO as we continue to grow and be an active contributor in extending its impact both nationally and internationally. See more about us at; www.afdo.org.au
You must have a minimum of 3 years operating in a similar role within or outside of the sector.
This is a part time role working Tuesday to Friday each week, with an initial 12 month contract and potential for renewal subject to results. We have a remote “home office” operating environment and great flexibility along with other benefits and a great team environment. Ideally, we are seeking the candidate to commence immediately.
Interested in applying?
Please submit a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) responding to the criteria in the Position description below with your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Coordinator – Governance & Board.
Download the Position Description:
- Word doc: Coordinator – Governance & Board (docx, 4 pages, 53kb)
- PDF (untagged): Coordinator – Governance & Board (PDF, 4 pages, 231kb)
Position Description: Coordinator – Governance & Board
Term: Fixed Term 1 Year – Dates TBC
Effective Date: April 2021 (TBC)
Location: Designated workplace – Melbourne office/allowed to work from remote home office
Reports to: Personal & Executive Assistant (P&EA)
Subordinate positions: Volunteers and Contractors (as required)
Hours of work: 22.5 hours per week (45 p/fortnight). Worked over Monday to Friday
The Coordinator – Board & Governance (C–B&G) is responsible for supporting the President and AFDO Board, the CEO and the P&EA to ensure that AFDO governance functions efficiently and effectively. Following the AFDO Constitution, policies, procedures, statutory, funding contracts, agreements, service contracts, statutory and other compliance, as well as any reporting requirements.
Reporting to the P&EA, the Coordinator provides high-level governance support to the CEO and President plus high-level administrative support to the Board of Directors, driven by the governance annual schedule and cycle.
1. Board & Governance support
- Manage incoming email correspondence and write responses on behalf of the Board or CEO when required or forward an email to the relevant person for attention/response;
- Drafting and preparing reports, presentations, letters, and other documents where necessary;
- Update Director details with ACNC as required and ensure ACNC reporting submitted on time;
- Develop and review procedures, guidelines, and governance/operating policies in consultation with CEO and P&EA, and assist with a regular review as needed;
- Maintain Registers of Members, Directors, Company Secretaries, and all contact lists for the CEO;
- Manage the effective and discreet use of the CEO’s electronic signature;
- Process membership applications in consultation with the CEO and P&EA;
- Maintain an up to date online centralised electronic filing system
- Manage schedule of all Board meetings and its committees;
- Organise meeting logistics such as venue and meeting supports, A.V. hire, Online access, etc. for all Board, Executive and any committee(s) or working groups;
- Ensure that all accessibility issues are provided and addressed for any meeting attendees as required.
- Work with the President, CEO and P&EA to prepare and distribute high-quality meeting agendas and papers on time.
- Minute all Board meetings and manage all action lists, ensuring the relevant people are tasked accordingly and prompted when deadlines approach;
- Maintain and distribute Board Induction Kit for new Directors;
- Liaise with Directors as required and assist with managing travel, accommodation, accessibility requirements, and expense claims;
- Liaise with Directors to provide any relevant information as required;
2. AFDO General or Member Meetings
- Organise the Annual General Meeting and any other General Meetings or Member Meetings of AFDO;
- Work with the CEO & P&EA to ensure due notice of all General Meetings or other meetings is given to members, including preparing and circulating Agenda and meeting papers;
- Attend all General Meetings and take Minutes of meeting;
3. AFDO International Engagement
- Organise the attendance, registration and travel needs of any Board Directors or CEO for any international meetings, conferences or events
- Assist the CEO, Chair and nominated AFDO International Representative with any matters concerning AFDO’s international work and strategic objective
- Work with the CEO to ensure notice of any meetings is given to the representative(s), including preparing and circulating Agenda and meeting papers;
- Internet research on issues as required
4. AFDO Credit Card Management and Compliance
- Provision of an AFDO Credit Card specifically for the use in AFDO Governance related matters, goods, bookings, travel, accommodation, etc. strictly operated in line with AFDO Policies and Procedures
- Monthly provision of credit card receipts and invoices and reconciling of statement to be lodged with finance area
- Other tasks as directed by management in keeping within the scope of this role
6. Executive/Administration Support – Only during periods when P&EA is on leave
- Manage incoming email correspondence and write responses on behalf of the CEO when required or forward the email to the relevant person for attention/response;
- Collect & check incoming invoices, timesheets for authorisation by CEO;
- Prepare rolling calendar of organisation events, dates and critical reporting or matters in coordination with Governance area;
- Manage the effective and discreet use of the CEO’s electronic signature;
- Drafting and preparing reports, presentations, letters, submissions and other documents as needed for the CEO and Management Team;
- Supporting other staff with reports, submissions, or other document preparation or format needs as required from time to time
- Contribute to meetings held on AFDO Communications and social media strategies, responses, releases and postings;
- In consultation with the CEO, oversee the preparation and dissemination of Media Releases as required & regular AFDO newsletters;
- Maintain an effective electronic filing system for the organisation;
- Liaison with AFDO remote server & I.T. support contractors as needed
- Liaison with AFDO remote/virtual serviced office(s) as required
Responsibilities and Key Decision Making in this Role:
- Diary/calendar management and prioritising meetings;
- Managing Cabcharge system, checking and allocating account numbers for finance area;
- Checking incoming invoices and timesheets for authorisation by CEO;
- Calling for agenda items and collecting reports for upcoming meetings;
- Managing AFDO credit card for this role for organisation expenses, monthly reconciliation, checking details, allocating account numbers;
- Making decisions concerning:
- travel and accommodation costs;
- meeting costs such as venue, catering, A.V. hire, interpreters, captioning etc.;
- stationary and external printing costs;
- This position is only available for those who identify as a person with disability as allowed under ‘special measures’ of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010; you need to outline how you meet this requirement
- Three years experience in a similar role within or outside of the sector
- Demonstrated administrative and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage tasks, set priorities, organise work and achieve objectives within timelines and budget
- Ability to work in a sensitive, complex and demanding environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Good office admin knowledge, database management skills and general computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet).
- Relevant qualifications would be an advantage