That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
The apology from Anne Hathaway and Warner Bros. Pictures is just another installment in the continuing stigmatising, stereotyping, and inappropriate portrayal by people without disability in mainstream entertainment and media of people with disability. Hathaway's...
The Order of Australia recognises Australians for outstanding service or exceptional achievement. Everyone that is recognised is nominated by someone in the community. This means that we all have the ability to recognise someone for their hard-work and service. It...
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) is a Disabled People’s Organisation (DPO). We are a cross-disability representative organisation, and the national voice representing people with disability in Australia. We are currently...