That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
Do you have an interest in the next generation of personal and public transport vehicles? Do you have ideas about what needs to be done to make sure it works well for all people with disability? You might be interested in joining a new focus group hosted by La Trobe...
Are you a person with disability? Do you have experience facilitating information sessions and workshops? Do you have an excellent understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)? Sign up for our National Register and help people all over Australia...
42 disability rights and advocacy organisations call for an end to the segregation of disabled people in Australia
People with disability and our rights and advocacy organisations are fighting to end the segregation of people with disability in Australian education, housing and workplaces. We urge the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with...