That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) was pleased to participate again this year in the Conference of States Parties (CoSP) to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). The annual conference is held each June at the...
Conference of States Parties (CoSP) We are pleased to be participating again this year in the 12th Session of the Conference of States Parties (CoSP) to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). CoSP will be held from 11th to 13th June 2019 at...
From our CEO, Ross Joyce Welcome to the latest edition of AFDO eNews. I am pleased to announce that we are releasing our Political Platform today for the upcoming Federal Election to be held on Saturday 18th May 2019. We are calling for a commitment from all parties...