That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is making some changes to the plan review process in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Some of the changes include: Plans will no longer end. If your plan is due to end soon and you still have not heard...
Please note that AFDO has set up an information page which is being updated as new information is published. Please visit https://www.afdo.org.au/coronavirus-covid-19-information/ for the latest information and resources. The Australian Government has launched a...
Disability Royal Commission suspends all public events Please note that the Disability Royal Commission has suspended public hearings, due to concerns about the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus. This includes upcoming hearings on: education scheduled for next week in...