That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
Urgent review needed to close cost of living gap and broaden eligibility for Disability Support Pension (DSP) Disability advocates and researchers are calling for urgent reforms to the Disability Support Pension, with a new report to be released today showing people...
The United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (the Committee) last week concluded its review of Australia on its implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). Issues raised Australia’s Disability...
People with disability from across Australia will today tell the United Nations in Geneva about our lives, and whether Australia is meeting its obligations to fulfill our rights under the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). “Today, I’ll be...