That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
Register now on Eventbrite Full program The Advocacy Effect will bring 100 disability advocates together in Melbourne to discuss, learn, prioritise and connect. Opening address by the Hon. Amanda Rishworth, Minister for Social Services. Keynote speaker Dr Ben...
We have two part-time opportunities available at AFDO right now. We offer flexible work arrangements so you really achieve that work-life balance! People with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
AFDO welcomes today’s commitment from the ALP to policies that will optimise and strengthen Australia’s National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We now call on all political parties and candidates to outline their views and position on supporting and improving the NDIS for Australians with disability.