That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
This position is only available for those who identify as a person with disability as allowed under 'special measures' of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, no other applicants will be considered. The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations, a Disabled People’s...
Following the AFDO Board meeting held last week, we are pleased to announce that AFDO Vice President, Trevor Carroll has been re-appointed to the role of International Coordinator for AFDO, for a further 12-months. This role is a 12-month appointment and we have been...
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (the committee) has published its findings on its recent review of how Australia is meeting its obligations under the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) The findings cover how...