That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) today released a comprehensive Report on the harm caused to individuals with disability by their interaction with Centrelink’s Disability Support Pension (DSP) application and review processes.
Work with us! Person with disability wanted to work in the role of Engagement Coordinator – Disability Royal Commission
We’re looking for a person with disbility to join our team as the part-time Engagement Coordinator – Disability Royal Commission!
We’re looking for a person with a disability to join the team as a part-time Board & Governance Officer. Find out more here.