That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
We call upon the Attorney-General to introduce legislation into the Australian Parliament to protect the confidentiality of information given to the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability. The Disability Royal...
Trauma specialists Blue Knot Foundation have been funded by the Australian Government to manage the National Counselling and Referral Service (NCRS). The NCRS is now offering support to people with disability and their family and carers who have experienced or...
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) welcomes the Report by the Hon. Alan Robertson SC from the independent review into issues surrounding the appalling death of Ms Ann-Marie Smith in April this year. We acknowledge that the Government has...