That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
From our CEO Ross Joyce Welcome to the latest edition of AFDO eNews. I am happy to announce that the Disability Rights Now 2019: Shadow Report to the United Nations Committee on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) has been released and is...
The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability is now accepting submissions, and they want to hear from all Australians with disability about their experiences of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation. Please be aware...
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) was pleased to participate again this year in the Conference of States Parties (CoSP) to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). The annual conference is held each June at the...