That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Latest news and media
Have your say on the Draft Terms of Reference for the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability
We are pleased to announce that this morning, the Australian Government has announced the beginning of a public consultation on the draft Terms of Reference for a Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability. The Royal...
Do you have experience working with small businesses and can solve problems in innovative ways? Interested in using your influencing and relationship management skills to build the confidence of businesses to hire a more diverse workforce? The Diversity Field Officer...
Each year, the Victorian Public Advocate formally recognises the achievements and bravery of advocates who have spoken out on sensitive and difficult issues, and thereby, contributed to improving the human rights of people. Last week, the Victorian Public Advocate,...