That all people with disabilities must be involved equally in all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life.
Using the strength of our membership-based organisations to harness the collective power of uniting people with disability to change society into a community where everyone is equal.
Our strategic objectives
- To represent the united voice of our members and people with disability in national initiatives and policy debate.
- To enhance the profile, respect and reputation for AFDO through our members.
- To build the capacity and sustainability of AFDO and our members.
- To foster strong collaboration and engagement between our members and stakeholders.
- To enhance AFDO's connection and influence in international disability initiatives, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, through policy, advocacy and engagement.
Want to have your say on issues affecting people with disability?
AFDO works with industry, government and other organisations to include and amplify the voice of people with disability. We often call out for people to join focus groups, steering committees or to try out new technology. There is no obligation to take part, you can choose whatever interests you, and all participants are paid for their time. If you are interested in finding out about these opportunities join our Amplify Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org