AFDO has two types of organisational membership: Full Membership and Associate Membership. You cannot gain membership to AFDO as an individual.
Full Membership Information
- Entitled to the full range of member benefits, including participation in AFDO Member Forums, networking events, and access to development programs and training
- Able to participate in committees and working groups of AFDO
- Able to contribute to AFDO policy documents and submissions to government
- Entitled to attend the AGM
- Entitled to vote at the AGM, provided that they have paid their membership fees at the time of the meeting
- Entitled to nominate a person for election to the AFDO Board, and the Executive Committee
- Entitled to receive our Daily Media Wrap each morning with disability specific news
Full membership criteria
Full membership of AFDO is open to Not for Profit disability organisations in Australia. Check the criteria below to see if your organisation can join as a Full member of AFDO.
- A Not for Profit disability organisation (your members can come from anywhere in Australia).
- Your members are:
- people with disability, and/or
- organisations of people with disability, and/or
- organisations for people with disability
- a) You are governed by a Board where at least 50% of Board members are people with disability, OR You are a national disability organisation representing the lived experience of advocating for a family member with disability;
- a) Children with disabilities, or
- b) People with Intellectual disability, or
- c) Carers and family members.
- b) You are either ‘incorporated associations’ or ‘companies limited by guarantee’,
- c) Your prime role is to advocate for the rights and wellbeing of people with disability,
- d) They exist to support people with disability, and
- e) They do not have any purposes contrary to the purposes of the AFDO.
AFDO Associate members are organisations that agree with and support the Mission Statement and Purpose of AFDO, but which are not eligible to become Full members of AFDO.
Join AFDO now:
- Complete this form (Word) to apply for Full membership of AFDO
- Complete this form (Word) to apply for Associate membership of AFDO
- Send your completed form to the AFDO CEO at email@example.com
If you have any trouble downloading the membership application forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have the form emailed to you.