Easy Read Information
- If you are looking for Easy Read resources on CoronaVirus – the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) has published Easy Read CoronaVirus information
- Easy Read posters by Photosymbols (PDF only)
- Council for Intellectual Disability (CID) have published an Easy Read guide. (PDF only)
- The Growing Space has also published a 4 page Easy English Guide that clearly explains:
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Preparation advice for people with disability
- Safety precautions
- What to do if you’re unwell
Ethnolink have published Coronavirus information in other languages on the Ethnolink website
- Asthma specific advice – Update on Asthma Australia website
- IDEAS have put together a list of CoronaVirus resources
- Every Australian Counts has put together a list of resources about the CoronaVirus
- People with Disability Australia has a list of Corona Virus Resources
Supermarkets are making changes to their opening hours, item limits and deliveries.
- Coles update
- 7-8am – open exclusively to people with Pensioner Concession Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Companion Card and Health Care Card
- Call 1800 455 400 or 1800 061 562 if you need to arrange delivery
- Woolworths update
- 7-8am – open exclusively to people with Pensioner Concession or Seniors Card.
- Call 1800 000 610 if you need to arrange delivery
- National Disability Services have published information for providers on the NDIS website.
- The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission has published information on provider obligations – how to reduce the risk to people with disability, as well as links to updates and resources. This information is available on the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission website.
- Disability Services Consulting have put together a 30-minute online training module for workers. It is designed to provide practical strategies to prevent and control infections. Best of all it is free!
If you are concerned about your exposure to coronavirus, the Department of Health has a specific hotline to respond to your enquiries. You can call 1800 020 080 (24 hours a day, seven days a week).
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can use the National Relay Service to access any of the department’s listed phone numbers.
You can visit the National Relay Service website or call 1300 555 727. If you need translation and/or interpretation support, Translating and Interpreting Services are offered by the Australian Government on the Department of Home Affairs website .
Beyond Blue also have some tips on Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak and a Support Service for short term counselling by phone and webchat.