A dedicated CoronaVirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service is now available to support Australians. This includes a free Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Line 1800 512 348 available 24/7 and an online platform with mental health resources. You can find more information on the CoronaVirus Beyond Blue website
If you are concerned about your exposure to CoronaVirus, the Department of Health has a specific hotline to respond to your enquiries. You can call 1800 020 080 (24 hours a day, seven days a week).
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can use the National Relay Service to access any of the department’s listed phone numbers. You can visit the National Relay Service website or call 1300 555 727. If you need translation and/or interpretation support, Translating and Interpreting Services are offered by the Australian Government on the Department of Home Affairs website .
Beyond Blue also have some tips on Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak and a Support Service for short term counselling by phone and webchat.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed or sad, please reach out for support. Talking to someone can help. If you would like to talk to someone now, you can contact:
- Lifeline | 13 11 14 or chat to someone online (external link).
- Beyond Blue | 1300 22 4636 or chat online.
- Kids Helpline | 1800 55 1800
Tips and Strategies
- World Health Organisation (WHO) – Coping with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Beyond Blue – Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)– Manage Anxiety & Stress