On this page, we have listed Easy English, Photosymbols, and Key Word Sign resources regarding CoronaVirus (COVID-19).
The Department of Social Services has also created a section on its website with a range of information for people with disability and their families and carers. If you have a question about CoronaVirus or need help because things have changed, you can contact the Disability Gatway on 1800 643 787.
The Helpline is available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEST) It’s not available on national public holidays.
Easy Read – Victorian information
For Victorian specific information in Plain English and Easy English, please visit our COVID-19 Victorian page.
Easy Read – All states and territories
- Getting a test – Easy Read, by the Department of Social Services
- Australian Government – Easy Read resources on the Disability & Carers website.
- Department of Health & Human Services (Victoria)
- NDIS Easy Read COVID-19 resources available on the NDIS website, including:
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission have a range of
- Council for Intellectual Disability has resources in Easy English
- Easy English Guide -DOCX 1689KB by Women With Disabilities Australia
- Easy Read Guide on How to Wash Your Hands Correctly.
- Access Easy English website includes a range of Easy Read resources
- Self Advocacy Resource and Technical Assistance Center
- West Australia’s Individualised Services have released an Easy Read resource on COVID-19
- Easy Read posters by Photosymbols (PDF only)