Give your business the advantage of being an accessible business and an employer of choice!
Did you know that more than 1 million Australians with disability work in a wide range and variety of industries and careers?
Many employers and small businesses across Australia already employ people who have a disability. However, it is not always obvious, and many employers are not aware that some of their staff may already manage life with some form of disability.
This is where we can help. The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) runs the Business Inclusion & Diversity Services (BIDS). This service focuses on understanding you and your business, and assisting you to build your “disability confidence” to be welcoming, confident and accessible.
AFDO’s Business Inclusion & Diversity Services supports employers to make the most of the talents that people with disability can bring to a workplace.
Our “disability confident” employers play an important role in changing attitudes for the better in Australia. They are changing the behaviour and cultures in their own businesses and communities, and making the most of the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
Learn more about our service
- Diversity includes disability
- What does “disability confident” mean?
- About our service – how we can help you
- BIDS – Brochure PDF, Word Version
- BIDS – A Snapshot PDF, Word Version
- BIDS – What our assistance looks like PDF, Word Version
Fact Sheets and Resources on employing people with disability
- Fact Sheet 1 – The benefits of employing people with disability
- Fact Sheet 2 – What are the barriers to employment for people with disability?
- Fact Sheet 3 – What are Reasonable Adjustments?
- Fact Sheet 4 – What help is there for employers?
- Fact Sheet 5 – Other resources for employers
Please contact us at AFDO to learn more about how our Business Inclusion & Diversity Services can help you to become a “Disability Confident” employer.
Manager – Business Development & Engagement
Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO)
Call: 0456 003 767